Yamaha R-S201 is best known for its HiFi components that combine high technological know-how and rich experience. The sound quality is high because it is based on the concept of “Natural Sound”. As it comes with a high drive power of 100W*2, its high-end sound optimises the circuit layout and minimises the number of signal paths.
Hence, the supply and ground are connected at a single point, thereby reducing mutual interference and improving the signal-to-noise ratio. This creates music filled with clarity and openness.
Yamaha RS201 Review
This high-end Yamaha RS201 stereo receiver features an unparalleled sound quality and elegant design that will delight any listener.
Simple & Sophisticated Design
With its simple and sophisticated design, the R-S201 is more popular than the rest. Having an elegant hairline finish, it harmonises beautifully with other HiFi audio equipment. There are no complicated controls on the volume knob or the operating buttons.
Speaker Terminals for Two Systems
There are speaker terminals on the unit for both systems, and the speaker selector lets it easily switch between speaker inputs. Edifier R1280DB also offers the same features like this.
Using either the A or B speaker system (or both) can access the extreme sounding system.
40 Station AM/FM Preset Tuning
It offers 40 total FM channels and AM channels that are switchable from the remote control or receiver. Auto preset features allow searching for media that can be heard in the area automatically. There is a display of the stations’ frequencies, enabling quickly tuning to a new station.
The quality features remain as there is one more to come which is the power-saving mode. The receiver has a power-management function that turns it off automatically after a long period of inactivity. It also permits to set for 2,4, 8, or 12 hours. In addition, standby consumption is less than 0.5 W, so the energy efficiency is excellent.
- Weight: 6.7 kg; 14.8 lbs.
- Standby Power Consumption: 0.5 W
- Dimensions: (W x H x D)435 x 141 x 322 mm; 17-1/8” x 5-1/2” x 12-5/8”
- Frequency Response: 10 Hz–100 kHz(0 ± 0.5 dB / 0 ± 3.0 dB)
- Total Harmonic Distortion: (CD to Sp Out, 20 Hz-20 kHz)0.2%
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio (CD): 100 dB (S: 500 mV)
- Input Sensitivity (CD): 500 mV / 47 k-ohms
- FM 50dB Quieting Sensitivity: (IHF, 1 kHz, 100% Mod., Mono)3 μV (20.8 dBf)
- FM Signal-to-Noise Ratio (Mono/Stereo)72 dB / 70 dB
- Maximum Power: (4 ohms, 1kHz, 0.7% THD, for Europe)140 W + 140 W
- Maximum Power: (8 ohms, 1 kHz, 10% THD)100 W + 100 W
- High Dynamic Power/Channel: (8/6/4/2 ohms)125 W/150 W/165 W/180 W
Having reviewed everything in detail, it is clear how to make a better decision for a long time investment. Now all you need to do is select the Yamaha RS201 and enjoy a clear sounding experience. As it offers many quality features, some of which have already mentioned and others, you will discover by using it.
Based on Yamaha’s extensive experience in high-end model concepts, the R-S201 offers a high level of sound quality and sophisticated design.